COVID Update for Studio 23/The Arts Center
November 24, 2020
Last week Studio 23 had our monthly board meeting and many discussions to find a solution to keep everyone safe after the new COVID order was released. Our board and staff are dedicated to our mission of keeping the arts relevant and accessible to all, and we want to keep our art center open to you to create.
Beginning today, November 24th, we are implementing these new policies and reminding everyone of current policies:
– Masks are required at all times inside our galleries and classrooms.
– Keep socially distant from others.
– Galleries and retail space are setting the capacity at 10 individuals at a time.
– K–8 programming will remain in person for the final two weeks of classes. Please be sure to check with your instructor or call us with any questions.
– All adult classes have been postponed, unless they were already virtual. Virtual classes will continue as scheduled.
– All open-studio times must be signed up for in advance.
– We are allowing people from two households in a classroom at a time.
Some of our previously scheduled events are changing as a result of the new order:
– Please join us virtually on November 28th for our next artist reception. Rosemary Kavanagh features painted portraits of her family relating to Bay City’s history. She will be guiding us through a tour for you to view live on Facebook. After the tour, we will post the video to our website and YouTube channel.
– Rosemary Kavanagh’s exhibit will still open to the public on November 28th with the new guidelines in place. We encourage you to set up an appointment if you would like to view the exhibit privately. Our public exhibit hours are: Tuesday – Saturday from 11am – 5pm, beginning on Saturday, November 28th.
– Our online Black & White auction opens at 12:00 p.m. on November 28th. Please consider supporting Studio 23 and local artists by bidding on auction items. All items can be viewed at: www.32auctions.com/studio23baycity
– The dinner portion of the Black & White fundraiser has been canceled. We appreciate everyone’s support during our annual fundraising time.
We know that these new policies are going to be an adjustment. Please be patient with us as we put art and your safety first.
Please reach out to me with any questions through phone or email.
studio23.Executive.Director@gmail.com | 989-894-2323READ MORE