Intermediate Colored Pencil with Julie Tyslicky
June 21–July 19, 2022
Tuesday, 6–8:30 p.m.
$140 members/$155 nonmembers
This class builds on the skills learned in Beginning Colored Pencil by continuing to build your layering and color theory skills through the four assignments given. You will be working from real life and photography images and will be instructed on how colored paper can enhance your colored pencil drawings. Prerequisite is Beginning Colored Pencil.
Supply List for Colored Pencil Class
Supply List Needed:
- 1 – Black, White, or Pink Pearl hard eraser.
- 1 – White/Cream drawing paper pad 80 to 90 pound weight 12 x 16-18 inches or larger (look at bottom of pad to see listed weight of paper) can get the colored pencil paper, 70 pound will not work well.
- 1 – Colorless Blending pencil (Prismacolor #PC1077)
- Minimum, Set of 24 Prismacolor Premier or student round colored pencils. ****Do not get colored pencils with sides on them for the beginning class (sides like a regular school pencil) because they are a hard lead and may cause you to get discouraged when learning to layer and blend. More explanations and demos will be given in class. You can wait until after the first class to get these pencils.
Supply List Optional:
- Electric or Battery operated eraser. (I have 3 different kinds I show you how to use in class of varying prices)
- 1 Pencil sharpener (small and inexpensive) We will be discussing this in class to be better informed on the different kinds available, what works best and lasts longer and why.
- You will need an art supply or “tackle” box, something to carry your supplies in and keep them safe.
- You will also need a portfolio to carry your work back and forth from class.
Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and University Art Store will have these supplies, Staples carries some also.
You can go on line to order supplies, Dick Blick, Jerry’s Art o Rama are just two examples.